- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Vanilla Extract/ Almond extract
- Olive oil
- Cocoa Powder
- Take 250 grams of flour, 25 grams of cocoa powder, pinch of salt, half tsp of baking soda, half tsp of baking powder and sift the mixture in a bowl.
- In a bowl take 250 g of butter, mix and add 150 g of granulated sugar and mix until the mixture is smooth.
- Next add a tsp and half of natural vanilla extract and a room temperature egg and mix.
- Afterwards, add some beet root puree or powder with a tsp of vinegar for the color, and mix again.
After that mix the wet and dry ingredients together, until the batter is smooth. Next add in some 100 g of chopped dark chocolate and mix. Then shape them into spheres and put them onto the baking pan. Now refrigerate for an hour or so.
In the Oven
Finally put it in the oven for 10 to 14 minutes at 180o C or 350o F.
They can be enjoyed with cream cheese frosting or white or dark chocolate.