- All purpose flour
- Dark Chocolate
- Baking soda
- Vanilla Extract / Almond extract
Cake Flour preparation:
Take 125 g of all purpose flour and add 21 g of corn starch. Then sift the mixture over a bowl 3 to 5 times. Eradicating lumps and incorporating air, resulting in a fine flour. Cake flour also tends to have lower protein content which in turn develops less gluten and results in a smooth texture but less dense.
- Take 250 g of cake flour, add quarter tsp of baking soda and salt and mix.
- Thereafter, in a separate bowl take 104 g of melted butter, add 40 g of brown sugar, 40 g of white sugar and mix them together. Then add 2 egg yolks and 21 ml of whole milk with 5 ml of vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Next combine the two mixtures and mix to combine, don’t over mix. Then add the dark chocolate chips and/ or some nuts and gently mix.
- Now scoop around 13 g of prepared cookie dough and transfer onto a baking pan, evenly spaced. Gently press on the cookies to flatten them a bit.
In the Oven
- Finally place them in the preheated oven at 350o F for around 18 minutes.