Moist velvety beet root sponge cake
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Milk / buttermilk
- Vanilla Extract / Almond extract
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Coconut Oil
- Beet root puree
- Take 190 g of unsalted butter (room temperature) and cream it up while gradually adding 300 g of pure natural sugar, and mix well.
- Now pour in 3 eggs (room temperature) gradually, and 50 ml of olive oil, 30 ml natural vanilla extract, 50 ml honey and mix until smooth.
- Afterwards, in a bowl add 300 g of flour through a sieve, 1 tsp of baking soda, ½ tsp of baking powder, 1 tsp of vinegar and 1.5 tsp of salt, 100 g of pure natural cocoa powder, sift and mix.
- Next gradually sprinkle in the dry ingredients (flour mixture) and add 250 ml buttermilk at room temperature while mixing and incorporating. Don’t over mix the batter.
- After that add some beet root juice or beet puree with natural white vinegar and milk for the red color; and mix.
Now pour the batter in a pan and put in a preheated oven at 180o C or 350o F for 30 minutes. After that let it cool for 21 minutes.
Butter Cream cheese Frosting:
In a bowl take 250 g of unsalted butter (room temperature), add 12 OZ of softened cream cheese, 1 tsp of honey and mix until smooth. Next add 1.5 tsp of salt and a tbsp of organic vanilla extract (15 ml) or natural vanilla bean paste, add 190 g of powdered sugar and mix again until smooth.
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
In a bowl take 225 g of unsalted butter (room temperature) and mix for a couple of minutes, add 190 g of powdered sugar or honey, 1.5 tsp of salt and a tbsp of organic vanilla extract (15 ml) or natural vanilla bean paste and mix again until smooth. Next add 4 tbsp of heavy cream (60 ml) and mix (if a stiff frosting is required skip the cream).
Silky smooth Buttercream: (silky and less sweet)
In a bowl take 5 egg whites, add in a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of natural salt and mix until the texture changes and the mixture foams up, slowly add 50 grams of pure sugar.
Next in a pan take 190 g of sugar with 100 ml of water, mix and put it on heat, once the temperature reaches 114o C, pour it into the egg whites mixture and mix well.
After that bring the mixture to room temperature and gradually add 500 grams of unsalted butter (room temperature) while mixing, until it changes texture and becomes stiff. And add in a tsp of natural vanilla extract. Alternatively, melted dark chocolate can be added.
Pure White Buttercream:
In a bowl take 5 room temperature egg whites, add in a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of natural salt, 225 g of granulated sugar and mix. Then steam cook (72o C) the mixture while mixing, until the mixture becomes silky smooth.
Next put it in the mixer and mix until it foams up and becomes incorporated.
Then add 450 g of pure natural butter gradually while mixing. And mix until mixture becomes smooth. After that add in a tsp of natural vanilla extract.
- Alternatively melted dark chocolate can be added.