Making velvety smooth strawberry cake
- Baking powder
- Vanilla Extract / Almond extract
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
- Coconut Oil
- Rose water
- Yogurt/ Mayonnaise
- Strawberry puree
Dry ingredients: (sift dry ingredients)
- In a bowl add 190 g of flour through a sieve, 2.5 tbsp of baking powder and 1.5 tsp of salt and whisk.
- Next, add 180 g of pure natural sugar and mix well.
- Thereafter, pour in 3 eggs whites gradually with 50 ml warm milk, and 30 ml of olive oil, 20 ml of coconut oil, 50 ml honey, 1 tsp of rose water, add 100 ml of yogurt, 180 g of melted butter, add 50 g of strained strawberry puree or jam, 1 tsp of almond oil/ extract (for white cake) and mix until smooth and ingredients incorporated. For a darker color beet root juice can be added to the mix.
Combining & Baking
After that, combine the wet & dry ingredients (flour mixture) together until everything is smooth and incorporated.
Now pour the batter in a pan and put in a preheated oven at 180o C for around 30 minutes. After that let it cool for about 15 minutes. Create batter for two or three pans for a layered cake.
Types of Frostings and Coatings
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
- Next, in a bowl take 225 g of unsalted butter (room temperature) and mix for a couple of minutes, add 190 g of powdered sugar or honey, 1.5 tsp of salt and a tbsp of organic vanilla extract (15 ml) or natural vanilla bean paste and mix again until smooth. Next add 4 tbsp of heavy cream (60 ml) and mix (if a stiff frosting is required skip the cream).
Silky smooth Buttercream: (silky and less sweet):
- In a bowl take 5 egg whites, add in a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of natural salt and mix until the texture changes and the mixture foams up, slowly add 50 grams of pure sugar.
- Next in a pan take 190 g of sugar with 100 ml of water mix and put it on heat, once the temperature reaches 114o C, pour it into the egg whites mixture and mix well.
- After that bring the mixture to room temperature and gradually add 500 grams of unsalted butter (room temperature) while mixing, until it changes texture and becomes stiff. And add in a tsp of natural vanilla extract. Alternatively melted dark chocolate can be added.
Pure White Buttercream:
- In a bowl take 5 room temperature egg whites, add in a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of natural salt, 225 g of granulated sugar and mix. Then steam cook (72o C) the mixture while mixing, until the mixture becomes silky smooth.
- Next put it in the mixer and mix until it foams up and becomes incorporated.
- Then add 450 g of pure natural butter gradually while mixing. And mix until mixture becomes smooth.
- Then add in a tsp of natural vanilla extract.
- Alternatively melted dark chocolate can be added.
Making a Fondant:
- Melt some marshmallows and mix in some dark or white chocolate and mix until smooth. Then mix it with some powdered sugar and knead it, then roll it out.