Layered ice cream cake
- Natural cocoa powder
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Brown Sugar
- Dark chocolate
- Vanilla Extract
- Olive oil
- Cream cheese
In a bowl add 190 g of flour through a sieve, 2.5 tbsp of baking powder and 1.5 tsp of salt and whisk, adding 180 g of pure natural sugar/ honey and mix well.
Now pour in 3 eggs with 150 ml warm milk, 50 g of yogurt or sour cream, and 30 ml of olive oil, 50 ml honey, 1 tsp of rose water, 100 g of melted butter, 1 tsp of almond oil/ extract (for white cake) and mix until smooth and ingredients properly incorporated.
- Next mix the wet & dry ingredients together until everything is smooth and incorporated.
- Now pour the batter in a pan and put in a preheated oven at 180o C for around 30 minutes. After that let it cool for about 15 minutes. Create three of these cakes for layering, simply divide the batter into three pans.
- Next create a layer of desired ice cream on top and in between the sponge cakes and refrigerate.
- Thereafter, decorate with buttercream frosting as needed.
Vanilla Butter Cream Frosting:
- In a bowl take 225 g of unsalted butter (room temperature) and mix for a couple of minutes, add 190 g of powdered sugar or honey, 1.5 tsp of salt and a tbsp of organic vanilla extract (15 ml) or natural vanilla bean paste and mix again until smooth. Next add 4 tbsp of heavy cream (60 ml) and mix (if a stiff frosting is required skip the cream).
Italian Silky smooth Buttercream: (silky smooth and less sweet):
- In a bowl take 5 egg whites, add in a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of natural salt and mix until the texture changes and the mixture foams up, slowly add 50 grams of pure sugar.
- Next in a pan take 190 g of sugar with 100 ml of water mix and put it on heat, once the temperature reaches 114o C, pour it into the egg whites mixture and mix well.
- After that bring the mixture to room temperature and gradually add 500 grams of unsalted butter (room temperature) while mixing, until it changes texture and becomes stiff. And add in a tsp of natural vanilla extract. Alternatively melted dark chocolate can be added.
Pure White or Swiss Buttercream:
- In a bowl take 5 room temperature egg whites, add in a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of natural salt, 225 g of granulated sugar and mix. Then steam cook (72o C) the mixture while mixing, until the mixture becomes silky smooth.
- Next put it in the mixer and mix until foams up and becomes incorporated.
- Then add 450 g of pure natural butter gradually while mixing. And mix until mixture becomes smooth.
- Then add in a tsp of natural vanilla extract.
- Alternatively melted dark chocolate can be added.
Making a Fondant:
- Melt some marshmallows and mix in some dark or white chocolate and mix until smooth. And then mix it with some powdered sugar and knead it, then roll it out.