- Vanilla Extract / Almond extract
- Olive oil/ Coconut Oil
- Take 600 grams of flour in a bowl and add 400 g of unsalted natural organic butter at room temperature, mix and add 70 g of honey or sugar, 10 g of yeast and whisk. Then add 34 ml of warm water, 233 ml of whole milk cold milk and 2 eggs, a tsp of vanilla extract, a tsp of salt and mix to incorporate, probably with a mixture until properly combined.
- Next line a bowl with olive oil and transfer the dough to it, cover and let the sticky dough rise.
- After that, take 400 g of butter and flatten it to 2 individual sheets.
- Then roll the dough flat to a quarter inch thickness, place one sheet of butter and fold one side of the dough onto it, place second butter sheet on top of that and then fold the other half of the dough on top, creating layers. Then roll the resulting dough again to expand it. Make two folds gain in a similar fashion and wrap and place it a fridge for around 15 minutes.
- Afterwards, roll it out again make the same folds again. Do it once more. And wrap it again and place it in fridge for 6 to 12 hours before cutting into desired portions.
- Now shape the portions and egg wash them and create layers by cutting and folding, cover and let it rise (proof) for an hour.
Take some cream cheese and an egg in bowl and mix, add 30 g of honey or sugar, and a pinch of salt. And whisk to combine.
Next place the filling between the layers of the proofed dough and place it in the preheated oven at 180o C for around 21 minutes.