- Bread Flour
- Vanilla extract (optional)
- Take 190 ml water, add in it 40 g of bread flour (substitute bread flour with the addition of 1 more egg and a tsp of baking soda and vinegar in the normal flour). Afterwards, mix well, then heat the mixture and mixing through intervals, until it develops a thick paste like consistency. Next add 190 ml of cold milk, and whisk together until smooth.
- Now add 1 or 2 eggs and whisk until incorporated and add 300 g of bread flour and 1.5 tsp of instant yeast. Now mix the dough possibly with a mixture for a minute or two as all flour is moistened.
- Let it rest 10 to 15 minutes and then add 2 tbsp of sugar, 1tsp of salt and mix on moderate speed for 5 minutes, while adding 50 g of unsalted butter and mixing further.
- Next knead the dough for less than a minute to form a sphere type shape and transfer the dough to a lightly oil greased bowl, brush some olive oil on top and cover it. Let it rise for an hour and double in size.
- Thereafter, press the dough gently to expel trapped air.
- Then transform them in desired shapes, cover and let them rise for about 40 minutes.
After that, bake them for 34 to 40 minutes at 180o C or 350o F.
Finally let them cool for a couple of minutes and brush them lightly with organic (grass fed) melted butter.