Homemade Pancakes/ Dark Chocolate Pancakes
- Honey/ Sugar
- Baking Powder
- Baking soda
- Whole Milk
- Olive oil
- Vanilla or Almond extract
- Dark Chocolate (For Chocolate Pancakes)
- Take 250 g of all purpose flour, add 4 tbsp honey, 1 tsp salt, 1.5 tsp baking powder, 5 ml of vinegar and 1 tsp baking soda and whisk to combine all.
- To make chocolate pancakes add 150 g of natural cocoa powder and some dark chocolate chips.
- Pour 230 ml of whole milk in a container, and 2 eggs whisked with 30 ml of olive oil and mix until incorporated. Also mix a tsp of vanilla or almond extract.
- Next combine the prepared wet and dry mixtures and mix until roughly combined; keep a thick consistency and do not over mix.
- Thereafter, let the batter rest for 13 to 21 minutes.
- Now set your pan or griddle to a medium heat with a 1 tbsp of unsalted butter or olive oil, evenly coated. Place a desired portion from the batter into the pan or griddle and top it off with nuts, berries, fruits or chocolate.
- After a few minutes flip the pancake and let it cook on the other side for a minute or two, other side consumes relatively less time to finish.
- Afterwards, place cooked pancake on the plate and pour on top some honey or peanut butter, garnished with nuts, desired fruit and even melted dark chocolate; as per requirement.
Italian Silky smooth Buttercream: (silky smooth and less sweet):
- In a bowl take 5 egg whites, add in a tsp of vinegar and a pinch of natural salt and mix until the texture changes and the mixture foams up, slowly add 50 grams of pure sugar.
- Next in a pan take 190 g of sugar with 100 ml of water mix and put it on heat, once the temperature reaches 114o C, pour it into the egg whites mixture and mix well.
- After that bring the mixture to room temperature and gradually add 500 grams of unsalted butter (room temperature) while mixing, until it changes texture and becomes stiff. And add in a tsp of natural vanilla extract. Alternatively melted dark chocolate can be added.
- Or simply serve with ice cream.