Making vegetable rice with chicken
- Basmati Rice
- Chicken fillet
- Ginger and garlic
- Olive oil
- whole green chilies
- Nigella seeds
- White pepper
- Kalongi (Black Nigella Seeds)
- Fennel seeds
- Black pepper corns
- Green beans
- Green onion leaves
- Take around 500 g of clean basmati rice and soak them for about 21 minutes and lightly boil in a salt brine.
- Heat a pan with around 300 g of chicken breast/ fillet sliced, add 70 g of garlic and ginger with 3-4 tbsp olive oil and saute for a couple of minutes or until golden and the chicken changes color.
- Then, add 150 g of julienne d carrots, capsicum, 150 grams of chopped green beans, 150 g of sliced cabbage and mix. Next add in a tsp of honey, a tsp of salt and black seed oil (Nigella/ Kalonji) and mix, then add the soaked and boiled rice from earlier and mix well to combine.
- Afterwards add a tsp of white pepper, ground cumin, and a tbsp of vinegar and optional red chili sauce if desired, mix for a couple of minutes. Then add green onion leaves, fried egg and sliced fried onions on top and mix. Do not overcook the rice and vegetables, they should take around 5 minutes on medium to high heat.
- Finally, serve.
Chicken Sauce (Manchurian)
In a pan placed on medium heat, pour in 3 tbsp of olive oil, next add 1 tbsp of garlic and ginger paste, 1 tbsp of salt and saute for a minute or two. Then pour in 400 g of chili garlic sauce, additionally pour some yakhni.
Heat the mixture to evaporate a bit and then throw in the fried corn flour coated boneless chicken pieces (500 g).