- Sesame seeds
- Olive oil
- In a pan placed on heat, pour in 70 ml of milk, along with 50 ml of water, 21 g of flour, a pinch of salt and mix to incorporate the ingredients and thicken the mixture to a paste consistency. And set aside.
- Next in a bowl take 144 g of warm whole milk and 10 grams of dry yeast and whisk and set aside for around 9 minutes.
- After that in a separate bowl take 250 g of flour (bread flour/ high protein), add in a tsp of honey and then salt and mix in a mixer or by hand and while mixing pour in the prepared milk and yeast mixture. After a minute or so add in the prepared milk and flour paste from earlier. And mix, add an egg yolk and mix to properly incorporate the ingredients. Then add in 55 g of room temperature grass fed unsalted butter and continue mixing for around 7 minutes until smooth.
- Thereafter, shape the dough and place it in a bowl lined with olive oil, and brush some onto the dough; cover and let it proof for an hour or so or until becomes twofold in volume, in a warm environment.
- Following the increase in mass of the dough, expel all the air out of the dough. Next separate the dough in desired parts and transform them to spheres and transfer them to pan evenly spaced, covered and let them rise again for an hour or two. Then lightly brush them with a mixture of egg, milk and melted butter.
In the Oven
Finally place them in the oven for around 13 to 21 minutes at 190o C.
After that brush the top with melted butter and sesame seeds as desired.